A few NFL players: I won’t play for Boss Limbaugh
Several NFL players have said publicly that they would never play for a Boss Limbaugh-owned franchise.
Who can blame them? Some of Rush’s choicest quotes regarding African-American players and the NFL in general, courtesy of Crooks and Liars:
Indeed, as CNN reported at the time, ESPN fired Limbaugh from Sunday NFL Countdown for “his statement that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.” But, of course, Limbaugh has a long sordid history with making racist remarks. Some of his more recent lowlights:
– “Look, let me put it to you this way: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”
– “We need segregated buses. … This is Obama’s America.”
– “President Obama is black. And I think he’s got a chip on his shoulder.”
– Democrats are interested in Darfur to secure black “voting bloc.”
– “Minorities never do anything for which they have to apologize.”
– Obama’s nomination for president “goes back to the fact that nobody had the guts to stand up and say no to a black guy.”
– Obama is a “halfrican-American.”
Hopefully the other owner’s in the NFL would rather have a mouth-full of root canal’s done without any pain medication than allow this bigot and racist to own a team.