Category Archives: Christian beliefs
There are quite a few folks talking about religion, belief systems, God and Jesus this weekend. I do not attend a church, I am wary of organized religion, not having found a church that has a pastor like my beloved Pastor Dave in San Diego. He did not mix politics with his Sunday sermon’s and I appreciated that. He did not judge people period. He always said he left that up to God.
This weekend bloggers are conducting a Blogswarm that seems to be about keeping Theocracy out of our laws and government. This website entitled “First Freedom First” has basic tenants regarding how many God and Jesus-loving people believe, regarding theocracy in our government.
FFF is not the site that sponsored this blogswarm. But her views are ones that I hold dear and feel can explain why I chose to participate in this event:
- Every American should have the right to make personal decisions — about family life, reproductive health, end of life care and other matters of personal conscience.
- American tax dollars should not go to charities that discriminate in hiring based on religious belief or that promote a particular religious faith as a requirement for receiving services.
- Political candidates should not be endorsed or opposed by houses of worship.
- Public schools should teach with academic integrity and without the promotion of religious preference or belief.
- Decisions about scientific and health policies should be based on the best available scientific data, not on religious doctrine.
We join together, as the most diverse nation in the world, to commit ourselves to defending and preserving this freedom. I hope people will join in this just and freedom-loving cause.
I will post something SUNDAY that addresses the Theocratic bs that pervades our government.
Tags: Blog Against Theocracy